Saturday 29 October 2011

Let Me Fly

Wandering these eccentric streets,
I clamour through seas oblivious.
Trudging through crowds preposterous, as vehicles clamber by - horn to horn, mirror to mirror. 


Relentless. Unforgiving. Unperturbed by surroundings…
Simply set on reaching destinations.

In the eye of the storm…


There I stand.


Unnoticed. Unrecognized. Insignificant. 


I shall crawl with direction, rather than fly without destination.


Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath…and embrace the unfamiliar.


Lead the way, and I shall crawl. But if allowed I may be, let me fly.


-AfterTim-

2 comments:

  1. I like the flow of kinaesthetic energy here. From slow, heavy trudging, to a full stop in the middle of a vortex, and then a determined crawl towards change, to final winged escapism. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the word kinaesthetic, thanks for the English lesson today. You seem to able to read so much more in a piece than meets the eye.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - its free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...